Friday, November 7, 2008

My mother had only one eye


My mother had only one eye, I hated her as I was ashamed of her She was a cook in the school cafeteria where I studied. One day, when I saw still in a primary class, She came to visit me to see for herself that I was all right. I was very upset, how dare she do this to me? After that incident I ignored her & looked on her Only with hateful eyes…. The next day, a fellow-student told me, "oohhh, your mother has only one eye!" At that moment, I wanted to crawl under the floor And that my mother would be out of my life completely. The next day I went to meet her & to tell here: " because of you I am the joke at school, Why don't you die and go away!? But, she did not respond…. I wasn't thinking and did not know what I was saying, I was very angry. I could not imagine How she would react to my remarks. And, I left town. I studied relentlessly and obtained a scholarship to continue mystudies abroad. In fact, I completed my studies, got married, bought a house and set up my family. I lived a happy and a peaceful life. One day, my mother comes to visit me. It has been many years since she had disappeared; she had never met here grand-children. She remained at the doorstep While my children were making fun of her I shouted at her: " How date you come all the way here and frighten my kids?! With a calm voice she responded: "I apologize, I am at the wrong address." And she disappeared. One day, I received an invitation from my hometown school to attend a reunion under the " close family ties " topic I lied to my wife and made her believe that I was traveling for business. After the reunion I stopped by the house where I grew up The neighbors informed me that my mother had passed away. I did not shed even one drop of tear!!!

The neighbor handed me a letter that my mother had left for me

"My Dear son, I always thought of you." I regret having visited you abroad And frightened your kids …I was very pleased when I heard that you would come to attend the reunion …The only thing was that I could not get up from my bed to come and see you…. … I am broken-hearted that I brought shame to you on numerous occasions……Did you know that when you were a baby you had an accident and lost your one eye... and, as any other mother would, I would not let you grow up with only one eye…. So. I gave you my eye…….. I was very proud and happy to know that my son would be able to see the world with my eye

with all my love… Your mother….

1 comment:

RandomThoughts said...

I have read this story few days back...that is really a touchy story...:(